Aurora PostgreSQL missing functions

I’m trying to create an Aurora database cluster with one instance in the latest LocalStack Pro Docker container with the following commands:

awslocal rds create-db-cluster --db-cluster-identifier cl1 --engine aurora-postgresql --engine-version 15 --database-name test --master-username test --master-user-password test
awslocal rds create-db-instance --db-instance-identifier db1 --db-cluster-identifier cl1 --engine aurora-postgresql --engine-version 15 --db-instance-class db.t3.small

I can connect to the database using:
psql postgresql://test:test@localhost:4510/test

But it’s missing functions, like:

test=# select aurora_db_instance_identifier();
ERROR:  function aurora_db_instance_identifier() does not exist
LINE 1: select aurora_db_instance_identifier();
               ^
HINT:  No function matches the given name and argument types. You might need to add explicit type casts.

As such, I’m having issues with queries defined in: aws-advanced-jdbc-wrapper/wrapper/src/main/java/software/amazon/jdbc/dialect/AuroraPgDialect.java at main · awslabs/aws-advanced-jdbc-wrapper · GitHub

The engine version is 15, so according to aurora_db_instance_identifier - Amazon Aurora, the function should be available.

test=# SHOW SERVER_VERSION;
         server_version
--------------------------------
 15.5 (Debian 15.5-1.pgdg120+1)
(1 row)

Hi @lbos,

These are functions that are specific to the AWS RDS platform. At present, we solely offer PostgresSQL database without any specialized functions.

Thanks for the clarification, @Marcel!